Endurance Sports with a Cause Come to Central Kenya
By Irene Gaitirira
Is it possible to keep fit, view picturesque landscapes and raise funds for your favourite charity while socialising with like-minded people?
Yes, says Team Tri Fit Kenya (TTF), a Nairobi organisation that is planning a national triathlon and duathlon event on April 30, 2017
Dubbed Ruiru Edition of the TTF National Triathlon and Duathlon Series, the endurance sport event will take place at the 3S Gardens situated off Thika Super Highway.
But why not just take some vacation in Naivasha, Samburu or Maasai Mara to mark the International Labour Day instead of sweating it out in Ruiru on the outskirts of Nairobi?
- Setting History – You will be the first triathlete or duathlete to compete in an event of this nature in Kiambu County. That is one for your record books especially if you win
- Family Event – The triathlon and duathlon is a family event that is open to individuals of all ages. With individual and team challenges, flowing entertainment and sumptuous buffet stations you are guaranteed to be kept on your feet at all times
- Memorabilia – Get a customized T-shirt and race medal once you complete the race
- Free Cake – how about finishing a triathlon or duathlon and getting a large piece of cake as part of TTF anniversary celebrations and not feeling guilty about it
- Network – Are you in business and want to sell you products or services to an audience drawn from the multi-sport fraternity? Well here is your chance to interact with over one hundred athletes and spectators
- Domestic Tourism – Help promote domestic sports tourism in the country and see what beautiful sights and sounds we have, and
- Support Refurbishment of Spinal Injury Hospital – TTF is seeking to raise Kshs. 500,000/- this year towards purchase of gym equipment for the hospital. Currently the hospital, which serves the entire nation, is ill equipped and we believe that we can be part of the solution in resorting the lives and dignity of these patients through this initiative.
The race categories to register for are:
Individual Adult Duathlon: 7KM Run, 25KM Bike, 7KM Run
Team Relay Duathlon: 7KM Run, 25KM Bike, 7KM Run
Children Duathlon (11yrs – 16yrs): 4KM Run, 12KM Bike, 4KM Run